If you are an enthusiast cook, novice or into the profession, you probably have asked yourself what is the difference between microwave and toaster oven.
Usually, what plays into most people's mind, toaster ovens are those little toaster ovens that people used to grill their sandwiches or make tasty cheese toast. However, if you look at it closely, toaster ovens are more than just grilling sandwiches or making delicious cheese toast and here is the reason why:
How does it work?
- Microwave Oven - Uses electromagnetic wavelength that heats up water molecule. Due to instantaneous and uniformity of heat water molecules, the food is cooked faster than the typical ovens.
- Toaster Oven - It uses heating elements, and these elements are used to cook the food from the outside to the inside which means it cooks. However, the heat penetrates the whole food and cooks all parts at the same time longer than a microwave.
Toasting and Browning capabilities
- Microwave Oven - Microwave are not capable of browning and toasting food.
- Toaster Oven - Because of the equal heat that penetrates the entire food, toaster ovens really stand out in toasting and browning food.
- Microwave Oven - Remember that microwave uses an electromagnetic wavelength that heats up water molecule. Therefore, it would be impossible to have a crisp bacon or chicken skin. You would probably end up getting moist or soggy kind of result.
- Toaster Oven - When talking about crisping bacon, chicken skin or any other food that needs to come out crispy, oven toaster will give you the best result.
Defrosting or cooking frozen potatoes
- Microwave Oven - The element of defrosting and cooking frozen potatoes, both microwave and toaster oven provides a good result. Microwave can defrost food and cook frozen potatoes faster than a toaster. However, if you would like to get crispy potatoes, the toaster will give that result.
- Toaster Oven - Heats up longer than the microwave but will give you crispy potatoes.
- Microwave Oven - If you would want longer cooking with the right brown and toasting, well, you cannot find conventional cooking with a microwave oven.
- Toaster Oven - The benefit of a toaster oven is that you could cook food longer at a lower temperature.
- Microwave Oven - If you would like to warm food, a microwave oven is not really an option. Why? Leaving the food for warming purposes with microwave oven, you will end up having a tough and rubbery texture. Probably, you will end up throwing the food. What a waste right?
- Toaster Oven - A toaster oven is useful for keeping food warm. Since it has a slow heating process, you can expect your food to have your desired result
If you are planning to purchase a toaster oven, toaster oven reviews can help you choose one. There are several toaster ovens that you can choose like, Cuisinart TOB-40N Custom Classic Toaster Oven Broiler, Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven and much more.
You see, having a convection toaster oven is not a bad thing. If you would understand the difference, you really need to ditch those microwave ovens. But keeping microwave oven for other purposes is not a bad thing.
So, what are you waiting for? Now, make toast with your favorite oven toaster. You could even have a pizza party with your cooking.